3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2011 7:54 AM by maser

FMS 11.0v3, IWP and upgrading a 10.6 Server to Lion Server

maser

Title

FMS 11.0v3, IWP and upgrading a 10.6 Server to Lion Server

Your post

I upgraded a test server running FMS 11.0v3 on 10.6.8 server to the Lion Server GM.

The FileMaker databases were visible to the FileMaker client as expected (good), but the IWP databases are not resolving to:

http://<hostname>/fmi/iwp/res/iwp_home.html

But, according to the FMS Admin console, IWP is turned on.

I know the default web page directory for OSX Server has changed between 10.6 and 10.7, so I'm guessing that either some FMS configuration file needs to be edited accordingly, or some web store needs to be relocated to the new directory structure.

Can you advise on what to do when the server is upgraded from 10.6 to 10.7?   Thanks!

• 1. Re: FMS 11.0v3, IWP and upgrading a 10.6 Server to Lion Server
          tjsoftworks

Can you please tell us a little more about how you did the "upgrade" to Lion Server?

Did you for example create a Lion GM Client, 2) Upgrade the Client with Server GM  3) Install Java ( a seperate install ) and 4) Install FileMaker Server 11?

Or.... some other method.... I am on the path above.... 

• 2. Re: FMS 11.0v3, IWP and upgrading a 10.6 Server to Lion Server
            maser

Started with 10.6.8 server.  Copied "Server.app" to the Applications folder and then ran the Lion installer from an external partition (which is basically the same as running the installer from the local drive.

After the upgrade was done, I ran "java -version" to install the Java Runtime.   And then rebooted everything.

This allowed me to get into the FMS Admin module to confirm IWP was "on" (and my databases were being shared.)

I did *not* do a ciient install, then run the "server.app" to turn the client into server, etc...

I *did* attempt one clean server install (there's a way to install server from scratch without starting with client.)   When I did this I *could* install FMS 11.0v1 and upgrade to 11.0v3 -- but I couldn't enable IWP even though it saw Apache (probably for the same reason the upgrade breaks things -- FMS 11 probably expects the default server web site to be in a specific location...)

• 3. Re: FMS 11.0v3, IWP and upgrading a 10.6 Server to Lion Server
              maser

No release until October to fix this?

Really?