1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 1, 2011 10:34 AM by AndreasHeydwolff

FMS 11: Warning 200 client denied access inside a LAN

AndreasHeydwolff

Title

FMS 11: Warning 200 client denied access inside a LAN

Your post

Hello all,

this is an  isue with essentially the same error message as in "FMServer Warning 200 Client Issue report posted March 31, 2009 by KBanasiakwork" but seemingly with a different trigger.

The setup: A local network of Windows machines running in VirtualBox for Linux hosts. One machine has FMS 11.0.3.309 on W2K3 on it, three Win XP clients have a FMP 11.0v3 client, with three different licenses A B and C in the clients. Since a most probably unrelated upgrade to VirtualBox 4.1.4 client B cannot access FMS anymore (the virtual machines with clients A and C partake in the same VBox install on the same server).

The other clients A and C can accesss FMS, and a client with a second instance of the C license can log in as well as long as C in its original location is not in use. Initially I received an error email (as administrator) saying

Warning 200 SERVERNAME Client "(hostname) [192.168.1.99]" denied access because the license key is already in use by client "myusername (hostname) [192.168.1.99]"

I updated FMS 11 from version 2.217 to 3.309, reinstalled the FMP client, did enough restarts - all to no avail. I do not even receive error mails any more but when trying to open a remote connection the coffee cup displays and after a long while FMP goes blank with a timeout as not even the start screen of my database is being retrieved. The error occurs even when no other client is logged in and "fmsadmin list clients" shows no results. I am reluctant to reinstall FMS but it seems to be the only thing I've not yet tried. I fear that afterwards the same will happen again.tcpdump on the real Linux server on which the virtual W2K3 is running with FMS shows network traffic between both the FMS and the client B virtual machines but FMS has no records of connection attempts in its logs. It is not a firewall problem in W2K3 as the other clients A and C play together nicely with FMS, just as they should.

Any ideas will be highly appreciated...

Regards,
      Andreas

• 1. Re: FMS 11: Warning 200 client denied access inside a LAN
          AndreasHeydwolff

SOLVED. The problem was the XP client system's network configuration that had accidentally been changed in the course of some virtual machine maintenance:

The virtual WinXP client with FMP 11 was connected to the LAN through a RedHat VirtIO network driver with which I had been experimenting a while ago. Switching back to the Intel (R) PRO/1000 MT driver restored full FileMaker functionality.

I am not sure though whether the problem lies in the use of the virtio interface per se or the fact that both virtual adaptors, virtio and Intel, were configured with the same IP address and the request from FMP that went to FMS may have been passed through both interfaces simultaneously. This may have created a problem similar to the one described in the postings from 2009 mentioned above. I don't feel like experimenting any further, but perhaps it is prudent to avoid the use of a virtio driver when accessing FM server from FM Pro in a Virtualbox Windows guest machine.