0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2015 7:25 PM by clmiller24

FMS 13 Web Direct Crash - Custom Dialog

clmiller24

Title

FMS 13 Web Direct Crash - Custom Dialog

Your post

FileMaker Support, have a crashing file with our host and I am 99% sure I have tracked the crash down to Custom Dialog Box with field entry into open record.  Host is running FileMaker 13.0v3 with plenty of ram.  There was only one person connected tonight via Web Direct (no other connections at time of crash).  

The script runs as follows (basic steps, not detail):

1. Creates new record
      3. Inserts calculated results into the record
      5. Commits record
      7. Opens Custom Dialog Box
      9. User enters in data and clicks OK (Commit data selected in script)
      11. Data is suppose to be saved into the open record
      13. Commits record (again, redundant, but making sure it get's committed)

I verified all scripts steps are Web Direct Compatible.  I received a call from a  trusted user tonight who was the only one on the file and could tell me exactly what they were doing.  Server was reset and I was able to replicate the issue.  

When he clicked okay in the custom dialog box, it closed, and it looked like the data was committed.  He hit add new participant, and WPE crashed.  I looked at the record he was on, it never committed the data.

When I replicated, I clicked OK, and dialog closed.  Looked like data was committed, I hit new record script twice in a row.  It committed the record, started the script again, but WPE crashed.  

So how do we fix this? Can i give you the files and show you how it replicated?

Thanks!