1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2015 10:04 AM by TSGal

FMS 13v5 NOT running on Yosemite

FrankMillner

Title

FMS 13v5 NOT running on Yosemite

Your post

Hello,

FMS13v5 is still not opening any files (not even "FMServer_Sample.fmp12") on Yosemite.

The Server Log says: "FileMaker Server (MBP[192.168.0.10]) is already running with this license key"

THIS IS THE IP OF THE FILEMAKER SERVER!!

This is what I did to "upgrade" to Yosemite:
      - Clean Install of Yosemite
      - Installing Data with the Mac OS X Migration Assistent
      - Deinstalled FileMaker Server 13 (which was running fine under 10.9)
      - Installad FileMaker Server 13.03

That was the first time, we realised, that FMS13 was not opening the files, saying something like (translated) "Database could not be closed, because ots not in the correct status: Closed"

???

We than waited until a Yosemite compatible Update was released. Then we made an update and restarted the Machine. Still the server refuses to open any file, stating that "FileMaker Server (MBP[192.168.0.10]) is already running with this license key"

We then deinstalled FMS, restarted and installed new. We then remarked that there is a one little "time window", when FileMaker Server at least opens "FMServer_Sample.fmp12": Right after installation of the Server, after the first configuration.

But after stopping the server, it won´t run again any time later. Always saying "FileMaker Server (MBP[192.168.0.10]) is already running with this license key".

Even after restart of the machine, it doesn't open the files.

I tried to start and stop with ther Terminal: "sudo launchctl start com.filemaker.fms". No difference.

We have a second filemaker server license number and we found out: After altering the License Number, the files are opened and everything is fine...until we stop the server.

So stopping the server leads always immediately to the state, that FMS refuses to start correctly erver again.

Frank

• 1. Re: FMS 13v5 NOT running on Yosemite
          HåkanAhlbeck
          I have the same problem
          • 2. Re: FMS 13v5 NOT running on Yosemite
            njbuddy5@aol.com

I am having the same problem. Tech support is looking into it for me. In the meantime they gave me a link to the trial version which has no problems. Then when i updated the license to my own license the same problem reoccurred.

Harry

• 3. Re: FMS 13v5 NOT running on Yosemite
              evbrown

Same problem, but run into a Java version loop error as well.  

• 4. Re: FMS 13v5 NOT running on Yosemite
                FrankMillner

@Harry Riley

I tried this as well:

- Deinstalled FMS13
                - Installed FMS13v5 Trial (along with the license number that was filled in in the Installer) = Everything works as expected!

But then:
                - Replace the license number with our Technet number: Error "FMS is already running with this license key"

So what is this, that a license number could lead to a failure?

Is this a question of the TYPE of licenses?

We have 2 types of licenses:

- Our Technet License
                - Several SBA/FBA licenses of our customers (which I tried all one after the other - which means, that none of our customer will be able to update their servers to Yosemite)

Does anyone of you have a "regular" license number, bought in the FM online store, or do we all have Technet and FBA/SBA license numbers?

• 5. Re: FMS 13v5 NOT running on Yosemite
                  njbuddy5@aol.com

I have only one license number and am having exactly the same problem

• 6. Re: FMS 13v5 NOT running on Yosemite
                    FrankMillner

Yes,
                     but what KIND / TYPE of License Number do you have, or where did you get your license number?

I am wondering, if this happens only to license numbers bought via FBA Account (SBA License number) or if the error occurs too, when the license number was bought in FM´s regular online shop.

• 7. Re: FMS 13v5 NOT running on Yosemite
                      njbuddy5@aol.com

Mine was purchased online from the Filemaker Online Store

Harry

• 8. Re: FMS 13v5 NOT running on Yosemite
                        @All: 

Thank you for the post and replies. 

We have replicated this issue and a report has been filed to Testing and Development for further review. Additionally, I added the comments on this thread to the report.

The temporary workaround is to use the Change License Key option (General Settings > Change License Key…) in the FileMaker Server Admin Console and reenter the same credentials. This will resolve the issue temporarily until the computer is restarted.

TSFalcon
                        FileMaker, Inc.
                        • 9. Re: FMS 13v5 NOT running on Yosemite
                          ceath

I'm having the same problem.  Once FMS 13.0v5 was released, I migrated to a new Mac running Yosemite (Mac OS X 10.10) in order to get some needed speed and memory enhancements.  Unfortunately, I discovered that the Web Publishing Engine will not start.  I can start the Web Publishing Engine in the Status page of the FileMaker Server 13 Admin Console.  However, WPE changes from a green check mark to a yellow exclamation point within a few seconds.

I also found, in the error log, a message saying that the license key was in use already.  This is the same symptom as documented by Frank Millner and Harry Riley.

Following TSFalcon's suggestions, I used the Change License Key option (General Settings --> Change License Key) and reinstalled the very same license key that was already being used.  Now the Web Publishing Engine, once started, continues to be active.

Of course this is not a long term solution as the machine will have to be restarted periodically.  But it does appear to get one out of the deep woods for the time being.

• 10. Re: FMS 13v5 NOT running on Yosemite
                            ceath

Despite my earlier post that I am able to get the Web Publishing Engine to continue to run after reinstalling the same FileMaker Server license key that was already in use, there are additional problems.

When I attempt to run a test of the Web Publishing Engine (FileMaker Server 13 Start Page --> FileMaker Server 13 Technology Tests --> Test FileMaker WebDirect), I get a Communication Problem message.  (See the attached screen shot.)  I get the same result when attempting to access WebDirect via the Internet.

I also noticed that the IP addresses for the Web Server and for the Web Publishing Engine do not match.  This may be expected, but it occurs to me it might be a clue as to what is going on.

• 11. Re: FMS 13v5 NOT running on Yosemite
                              ceath

Just in case it helps, here is a screen shot showing the two different IP addresses described in my post of a moment ago.  (forums.filemaker.com will only allow one image upload per post, so this post is really a continuation of the previous one)

• 12. Re: FMS 13v5 NOT running on Yosemite
                                EricJungemann

Same exact issue on a couple of installs.  Fortunately, we have 30 licenses to play musical chairs with.
                                Also, if Java is previously installed on that computer (for example Java 8), the installer doesn't check until after the license has been keyed in.  I've typed it a half dozen times trying to rid the computer of Java 8 which is spread all over the place.  It does not have a deinstaller.

• 13. Re: FMS 13v5 NOT running on Yosemite
                                  EricJungemann

Same exact issue on a couple of installs.  Fortunately, we have 30 licenses to play musical chairs with.  But it took a while to figure out.

Also have the Java loop, if Java is previously installed on that computer (for example Java 8), the installer doesn't check until after the license has been keyed in.  I've typed it a half dozen times trying to rid the computer of Java 8 which is spread all over the place.  It does not have a deinstaller.

• 14. Re: FMS 13v5 NOT running on Yosemite
                                    @All: 

To resolve the FileMaker Server 13.0v5 and Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite license key conflict issue even after a restart, the Computer's name and the FileMaker Server name should be made the same.

Computer name is located  > System Preferences > Sharing

FileMaker Server gets its name during the deployment, so from the Admin Console choose "Server" (top left) > Edit Deployment and run through deployment again.

If the Computer's name and the FileMaker Server's name are made the same, then the computer can now be restarted and the license key conflict will not reoccur. 

TSFalcon
                                    FileMaker, Inc.
                                    1 2 Previous Next