2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2009 11:28 AM by dysartj

fms 9 adv and JSE6 on MacOS 10.5.7

dysartj

Title

fms 9 adv and JSE6 on MacOS 10.5.7

Your post

Is it possible to run FMS 9 or 10 ADV on a 64-bit Mac pro if the updates have been done to 10.5.7?

• 1. Re: fms 9 adv and JSE6 on MacOS 10.5.7
          TSGal

dysartj:

Thank you for your post.

At this time, no problems have been reported with FileMaker Server 9 or 10 with OS X 10.5.7.  Therefore, it will probably work, even though it hasn't been tested.

On a separate note, is there a reason why you need to run FileMaker Server on a laptop?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: fms 9 adv and JSE6 on MacOS 10.5.7
            dysartj

Hi TSGal,

I just responded to your suggestion to me in another thread.

http://forum-en.filemaker.com/fm/board/message?board.id=us-fms&message.id=287&jump=true#M287

Thank you for this response as well.

My own computer is a laptop, so I tried the Admin Utility on it (having had no success on the desktop that holds Server). I am not running server on it. 

Because it is an Intal Core Duo it does not support 64 Bit and therefore Java on it is the older version. I noted some concerns posted re Java 6 and the Admin Utility, so I figured using my laptop would eliminate that variable in my trouble-shooting.

It is good to hear that there should be no issue. As indicated to you in the other thread, I am going to install FMPro Server 10 on 10.5.7.

Hopefully that will solve my issues.

Thanks again

JD