2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2009 2:19 PM by TSGal

FMS 9 crash with ntdll message

ColinKeefe

Title

FMS 9 crash with ntdll message

Your post

Hello  -

I have a client whose 2003 SP 2 server has crashed 3 times in the past week.  In the first case, reportedly the free space on the C drive went from 20GB to zero.  After the second instance we set up better reporting, with perfmon running in the background.

Third incident was this morning.  After FMS stopped responding, the following error was written to the log:

"fmserver.exe, version 9.0.3.316, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.3959, fault address 0x0002caa2."

Browsing the perfmon logs, there are jumps in disk write time, total processor time, a big jump in page faults/sec and cache faults/sec in Memory, etc.

Any ideas?  I can provide logs. 

• 1. Re: FMS 9 crash with ntdll message
          IASP
             I am having the same problem.  I saw the update to version 9.0v3 was supposed to resolve the issue, but after completing the update on the server and client there is no change.  As soon as we try to print a range we get kicked out of File Maker and the error 1000 is registered in the event viewer with the description,

Faulting application filemaker pro.exe, version 9.0.3.300, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000431a0.

Suggestions?

• 2. Re: FMS 9 crash with ntdll message
            TSGal

ckeefe and IASP:

Thank you for your posts, and I apologize for the late reply.  This is one of a handful of posts that were missed.

ckeefe -  I do not know why your free disk space disappeared.  I know it has been five months, so I'm hoping you have resolved the issue.  If not, remove some of your old log files, clear the cache and try again.

The ntdll.dll error message in FileMaker Server 9 has popped up a few times, although we have been unable to duplicate the problem.  The next time this occurs, please let us know what you were doing just prior to the crash.  We would then like to see your log files.

IASP - It appears you are crashing when printing.  Is the print range beginning with page 1?  What brand of printer?  Model number?  Anything additional that can help us duplicate the problem would be appreciated.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.