2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2011 9:01 AM by TSBear

FMS Advanced 11 - Databases do not show IWP capable

FM_Rookie

Title

FMS Advanced 11 - Databases do not show IWP capable

Your post

I have configured FMSA to use IWP & tested it with the "FMServer_Sample.fp7."  It shows it enabled for "Pro, IWP, XLST, XML, PHP, ODBC/JDBC," in other words ALL the possibilities.

When I upload a DB to the server, whether one from a template or one of my own, it only has "Pro" & "ODBC/JBBC" enabled.  We REALLY want our database to be IWP (it is currently under development).  Any help would be GREATLY appreiciated.

Screen_shot.png

• 1. Re: FMS Advanced 11 - Databases do not show IWP capable
          applelakshan1
          Hi, i attached the screen shot guide from word format, hope it helps download link http://hotfile.com/dl/119710287/c5996f1/fmforum.docx.html AL1
          • 2. Re: FMS Advanced 11 - Databases do not show IWP capable

Russ Sermon:

Thanks for posting!

applelakshan1's instructions are absolutely correct (thanks!) but I'd like to go ahead and post the information in this thread as well so that other people viewing this thread can get the answer in the event that the link becomes invalid.

To access a database via Instant Web Publishing, there needs to be at least one privilege set that has the fmiwp extended privilege enabled. To enable this extended privilege for a privilege set, open your file in FileMaker Pro and head to File -> Manage -> Security. From there, select the Privilege Sets tab. You'll be presented with list of privilege sets and the active accounts that are associated with them. Select the privilege set you'd like to enable IWP for, click Edit and enable the "Access via Instant Web Publishing (fmiwp)" option. Once done, the file should be accessible by going to http://<server ip>/fmi/iwp.

Please let me know if you'd like any clarification on the above!

TSBear
            FileMaker, inc.