5 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2015 5:46 AM by DragonTayl

FMS not building fmi/webd

DragonTayl

Title

FMS not building fmi/webd

Your post

Greetings!

We have a FMS13v5 deployment on a Mac Mini using 10.10.1

We've got the database working - it's been running for months - and we're trying to access it via Web Direct for the first time. It took a lot of doing to get the correct apache running (side note: is there no way for FileMaker to adjust apache like it does with IIS? I don't have these problems on the Windows side) however we can now get to the default filemaker server page.

Unfortunately when we enter

http://(ip)/fmi/webd 

we get the error The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the  seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of  about the error. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

We have also tried 

http://(ip)/fmwebd_home.html 

but that returns a blank page. 

It's almost as though FMS is not building fmi/webd, which I believe it is supposed to do on the fly? But it is correctly serving static pages? 

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated :)

• 1. Re: FMS not building fmi/webd

James Lynch: 

Thank you for the post.

Does the computer meet the system requirements for WebDirect?

CPU: 4-Core

RAM: 8 GB

Hard Drive: 80 GB or more, dependent on file size, requires minimum 10 GB free space

System Requirements for FileMaker Server 13

Is the operating system Mac OS X 10.10 without the Server.app?

Apache does not need to be pre-configured because the FileMaker Server 13 installation will perform all the necessary changes. 

If the machine meets all of the hardware and operating system requirements mentioned above, then uninstall FileMaker Server 13 using the full v5 installer and reinstall. 

Afterwards, test WebDirect from the server machine at the following URL:

http://localhost:16001/test

Please let me know if any of the above requires additional clarification and keep me updated with any progress. 

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMS not building fmi/webd
            DragonTayl

Thank you for your reply. I was out of town for a while and didn't get a chance to respond.

The computer does meet the requirements for WebDirect, thank you for posting them.

I am not as familiar with Mac OS, but it does appear to be 10.10.1 without the Server.app (I could not find it anyway).

I am having difficulty finding the full v5 installer, all I can find is the update.dmg, but I would be happy to attempt an uninstall/reinstall using the full version if I could be pointed in the right direction. 

Many thanks!

• 3. Re: FMS not building fmi/webd

James Lynch: 

Thank you for the reply.

“I am having difficulty finding the full v5 installer”

The full FileMaker Server 13.0v5 installer is the download in the store email from the original purchase. 

If the link is expired and you are located in the U.S. or Canada, then contact technical support to turn the links back on toll free at 1-800-325-2747. The hours are between 7 AM - 5 PM PDT. 

If you are located outside of North America, then locate the technical support office nearest you from the following link:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/intl/

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FMS not building fmi/webd
                DragonTayl

I hope to be able to test this solution this weekend. It has been difficult to find a time when I can take down the customer's solution for long enough to be sure of the ability to reinstall FileMaker. I will let you know the results.

• 5. Re: FMS not building fmi/webd
                  DragonTayl

I just wanted to reply to this thread that though I was skeptical, and it took me a lot of effort to get the installer in question (not sure why it is so difficult, it's not like you can use the product without the license key) this did, in fact, solve my problem. Thank you!