1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 7, 2010 7:44 AM by sunsurfandsand

FMS10 Server Admin Console almost works, but doesn't

sunsurfandsand

Title

FMS10 Server Admin Console almost works, but doesn't

Your post

I'm having a problem using Server Admin Console from a remote machine.

The FMSA is version is 10.0.2.206

Server Console Admin works locally on the server.

My server firewall is set to allow both tcp and udp connections on ports 16000 and 16001 from the domain's ip range.

The server runs Mac OS X 10.6.2

The remote machines connect to the domain through Cisco VPN.

Remote machines run Mac OS X 10.6.2

Java is enabled on remote machines. Safari, Firefox, and Chrome are configured to allow java apps to run.

I can connect to the Admin Console Start Page at http://hostname:16000

When I click the Start Admin Console button, the file admin_console_webstart.jnlp downloads and starts to run. It sets an icon in the dock, and shows FMS10-hostname in the Apple Menu Bar

On the remote machine on which I did this test, the UNIX command top shows java is running

On the remote machine on which I did this test, the UNIX command ps -ef | grep FM* returns:
      501 32203     1   0   0:00.29 ??         0:02.56 /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home/bin/java -Xmx128m -Xms32m -Xbootclasspath/a:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Resources/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Home/lib/javaws.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Resources/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Home/lib/deploy.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Resources/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Home/lib/plugin.jar -classpath /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Resources/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Home/lib/deploy.jar -Xdock:icon=/var/folders/PS/PS58iqdFERSKbt-V5dbqc++++TI/-Tmp-//WebStartIcon_32196 -Xdock:name=FMS10-neuro.ni.gsu.edu -Djnlpx.jvm=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home/bin/java -Djnlpx.splashport=53222 -Djnlpx.home=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Resources/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Home/bin -Djnlpx.remove=false -Djnlpx.offline=false -Djnlpx.relaunch=true -Djnlpx.heapsize=33554432,134217728 -Djava.security.policy=file:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Resources/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Home/lib/security/javaws.policy -DtrustProxy=true -Xverify:remote com.sun.javaws.Main /Users/myusername/Library/Caches/Java/cache/6.0/26/73ec95da-5f3bebc6

No Server Admin Console window appears.

After a long delay (several minutes), an error message is displayed:
      Admin Server Connection Error: The admin console cannot establish a connection to the admin server

What do I need to do?

Thanks,
      Rob