2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2013 3:34 PM by AnthonyS

FMS12 trial Error 701 - Admin Server process has terminated abnormally

AnthonyS

Title

FMS12 trial Error 701 - Admin Server process has terminated abnormally

Your post

After installing the trial version of FMS12 (win), I am unable to get the Admin Server Console Start page to load. In the logs I can see the following message repeatedly:

Error 701     myserver     Admin Server process has terminated abnormally.

I have tried the troubleshooting steps on page 43 of fms12_getting_started_en.pdf, but it didn't help at all. When trying to start the Admin Console manually from terminal, it spins for a minute or two and eventaully fails with no error message besides the above message. 

System specs:

Win7 Professional Sp1 (64-bit)

Pentium Dual-Core E5800 @ 3.20 GHz

6DB DDR3

1TB HD

Windows Firewall off & Norton disabled

• 1. Re: FMS12 trial Error 701 - Admin Server process has terminated abnormally
          EveMcVeagh

Anthony, what build of version 12 did you experience this with?

I and my colleagues are seeing the same error ever since we applied the patch from v12.01 to v12.04.  The admin console worked fine back in v12.1, and after installing v12.4 on 2013-07-08 it worked fine for several 9 days until we rebooted the machine.  Subsequent to that we see the following error occurred every 2-3min starting 2013-07-17 at 5:04pm which corresponds to immediately following reboot from OS patching::

Log Name:      Application

Source:        FileMaker Server 12

Date:          7/17/2013 5:04:45 PM

Event ID:      701

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      ***redacted***

Description:

Admin Server process has terminated abnormally.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="FileMaker Server 12" />

<EventID Qualifiers="16384">701</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-07-18T00:04:45.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>227790</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>***redacted***</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Admin Server</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Another anomoly with v12.4 is that it thinks it is v12.03.  Restarting the FileMaker Server service logs to the C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Logs\event.log that v12.3 is installed:

2013-07-08 16:10:26.416 -0700        Information        162        ***redacted***        Starting FileMaker Server 12.0v3 x64 (09-20-2012)...

2013-07-08 16:10:26.650 -0700        Information        763        ***redacted***        Running on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 (6.1.7601, Service Pack 1), with 2 logical processor core(s)

• 2. Re: FMS12 trial Error 701 - Admin Server process has terminated abnormally
            AnthonyS

Eve,

I cannot get you the build version of the trial that I used, but I can tell you what I did to solve the problem on my machine. smiley

1. Completely remove Java and FMS from the machine

2. Reinstall FMS and Java (FMS will install one version of Java during install)

I had Java 7 Update 17 (64-bit), and Java 7 Update 21 installed at the time when everything was working. If I were you, I would start by reinstalling/updating Java on your machine. If that doesn't work, I would try removing both Java and FMS; then install FMS, followed by Java.

Removing and reinstalling Java 7 Update 17 and Java 7 Update 21 separatly didn't work; that is what the FMS tech support rep tried. After the FMS tech support rep tried a few other things, they gave up and recommended reinstalling the OS! 

Hope this helps,

Antho