3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2010 2:07 PM by philmodjunk

FMSA 11 imports on win 2008 r2

datapics_1

Title

FMSA 11 imports on win 2008 r2

Your post

Has there been any reported issues importing data using a scheduled script on 2008 r2? I am using the same scripts that were working  on win 2003.  they are failing now that I have moved to 2008 r2. 2008 r2 is 64 bit. Any thoughts?

I would appreciate any insight on this.

• 1. Re: FMSA 11 imports on win 2008 r2
          philmodjunk

Server scheduled scripts have many limitations compared to performing the same actions from a client. I'm not aware of any differences between 2003 and 2008 windows servers in this area, but then I resorted to a "robot client" file to get my imports to work.

Can you spell out what your scripts are doing in a bit more detail?

• 2. Re: FMSA 11 imports on win 2008 r2
            datapics_1

yes, I am importing text files that have user data such as name address etc. the use of server side imports requires you to put the data to be inmported into the documents folder. keep in mind I was successfully completing this with 2003. I have a hunch that it may have something to do with the windows file structure for 32 bit apps on a 64 bit installation.

I can always go back to a robot environment if necessary, but I successfully migrated away from this about a year ago. I would hate to go back, since scheduled events on server have been rock solid for me.

• 3. Re: FMSA 11 imports on win 2008 r2
              philmodjunk

Perhaps the path to the documents folder is different between the two servers...

Do you use a literal path to the documents folder or does it use Get ( DocumentPath ) ?

First thing I'd check is that path (and maybe you've already done so...)