2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2010 11:23 AM by steelbut

FMSA 11, remote scripting with IWP

steelbut

Title

FMSA 11, remote scripting with IWP

Your post

Windows 2003 std server, and right now all version 9 server and clients and all clients on XP

Can FMSA 11 IWP run scripts on client machines?  Maybe to find a layout and record, print in PDF and set it on a server to call from a URL?  Going nuts trying to figure a way to get a clean server side PDF printout of quotes??

Thanks, Larry

• 1. Re: FMSA 11, remote scripting with IWP
          philmodjunk

With web publishing there is no "client fmp" on which a script can run. The user is accessing your database from a web browser and that limits your options here.

• 2. Re: FMSA 11, remote scripting with IWP
            steelbut

Thanks for your reply. 

After diving into printing from IWP from the code perspective it is a nightmare.  I think what I am going to do it make up a print page (a duplicate of the 1 page I want to print) with FMStudio in HTML / PHP and use their PDF module to present the PDF.  It's a lot of work but I think it might work.  The only detail I have not figured out is the call.  I am hoping I can call a url passing a variable (of that page) and have it open the PHP / PDF page.  So far the test seem to work but...  all but the call / URL ??

Do you think that would work?

Thanks, Larry