FMSA 12 xml anomalies/changes
I posted a note regarding this to the FM Tech network, hoping it might be picked up someone at Filemaker. However, in spite of a number of viewings I have received no responses. I therefore decided to expand and add detail to my initial observations.
I created my templates using my previous versions of FMSA - 8 and then 9. They worked fine until I upgraded to FMSA 12, where the following anomalies were encountered.
Date field search:
US Date format:
192.168.1.127 192.168.1.128:50001 - XML 500 500 "/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=Sessions_&-lay=Main&-sortfield.1=SessionID&-sortorder.1=descend&-lop=and&session status.op=bw&session status=open&session date.op=bw&session date=03/08/2013&-max=50&-skip=0&-find"
Result = 0 (should be 5)
UK Date format:
192.168.1.127 192.168.1.128:50003 - XML 500 500 "/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=Sessions_&-lay=Main&-sortfield.1=SessionID&-sortorder.1=descend&-lop=and&session status.op=bw&session status=open&session date.op=bw&session date=08/03/2013&-max=50&-skip=0&-find"
Result = 0 (correct as UK date formats do not work with any version of FMSA I have used)
Number field search:
Result = 10 (1924, 19240, 19241, 19242, 19243, 19244, 19246, 19247, 19248, 19249) - there is no 19245 record. Should be a single record returned.
Both the Date and Number searches are resloved by adding an 'eq' operator
However... and this example is a change of functionality that I find very difficult to resolve
Text search omitting records using op=neq
Result = 6 (RestrictCountry ignored - result should be 0 with restriction to UK)
Restrict Country field for all these records looks like this: "UK, USA, Fra"
In FMSA 9
- - - -
Each of the above queries returned correct results in FMSA 9. Most vexing is that the neq functionality (appears) to have chnaged from excluding a result where the field CONTAINED the term or terms, to excluding only where the field exactly matched the term or terms.
Is this behaviour in FMSA 12 known to Filemaker, a purposeful change or an error. Are Filemaker planning on changing this behaviour (at least the neq, please) soon in an update. These kinds of changes between versions -especially after a change as big as from 11 to 12, requiring as it did file conversions - are extremely frustrating to business users such as myself, whose business relies on smooth transitioning from one version to another.
Thank you for reading,