AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMSA won't connect to IIS

Question asked by LanceTurner on Oct 16, 2011
Latest reply on Oct 21, 2011 by DaveMcCormack

Title

FMSA won't connect to IIS

Your post

Hi, seem we and about a million other Filemaker users have had problems connecting to IIS when setting up web publishing. We have a dual Xeon server with Win Server 2008 R2, 32GB RAM, plenty of power, which hosts our intranet webmail service via IIS. This all works well, so we know IIS is working fine.

Now, the prob comes when trying to enable IWP in Filemaker Server 11 Advanced. When we get to the point of talking to IIS it returns a can't connect error. No matter what I try, I can't get it to connect. I've tried using the server's IP and "localhost" but no go.

Where our setup differs from most others who've had similar probs is that we are not using the default website for Filemaker. I have created a new website in IIS called Filemaker and it's root folder is in a different folder to the default website. I've put in a http binding to port 8080 so that it doesn't conflict with the webmail site which is using port 80.

Now, I've had a look around at many forum posts, both here and other forums, where others have had similar probs, ie FMS just can't see IIS and gives you no real help in solving the issue.

If anyone has any clues as to where to start, that would be appreciated. It shouldn't be this hard, especially as we know IIS is working fine, so it has to be an issue with FMS...

Outcomes