4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2011 8:16 PM by kietcallies

FMSA11 AutoUpdate Plugins

kietcallies

Title

FMSA11 AutoUpdate Plugins

Your post

I have been able to successful get the AutoUpdate feature on Windows 2008 Server with FMSA 11 to work with a plugin (DialogPlugin) with no issues. 

However, subsequent plugins don't work. The strange thing is that FMSAUC_FindPlugIn doesn't return a -1 result, instead it is just blank, i.e. FMSAUC_FindPlugIn ( "Mailit" ) results no result, but if I put in FMSAUC_FindPlugIn ( "Mailit4" ), a -1 returned. I have contacted the developers of Mailit, and they have confirmed that their plugin works with AutoUpdate and sent a sample database to test. I uploaded their sample database and followed their instructions, including restarting the server. 

Same problem. 

Any one experience with this?

• 1. Re: FMSA11 AutoUpdate Plugins

Minh-Kiet Callies:

Thanks for posting!

How is the folder structure setup within C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Data\Databases\AutoUpdate? It should be (starting from AutoUpdate):

...\AutoUpdate\MailIt\4.0\mailit.fmx

It's possible for it to return a blank value in the event of an incorrect folder structure.

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMSA11 AutoUpdate Plugins
            kietcallies

My structure is the C:\Progrm Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Data\Databases\AutoUpdate\Mailit\4.0.12.124\mailit.fmx. The plugin that does work is at C:\Progrm Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Data\Databases\AutoUpdate\DialogPlugin\0.2\DialogPlugin.fmx. FMSAUC_FindPlugIn ("DialogPlugin") returns "0.2" while FMSAUC_FindPlugIn ("Mailit") returns "". 

The other thing is that my actual databases are located on another drive (E:) with the following file structure: E:\Databases\.

• 3. Re: FMSA11 AutoUpdate Plugins

Minh-Kiet Callies:

It's also possible for a permissions issue to cause a blank value to be returned. Try comparing the permissions of Mailit and its folder structure with the DialogPlugins permissions.

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FMSA11 AutoUpdate Plugins
                kietcallies

That's what I thought also. I compared the permissions and they are identical. I have tried moving DialogPlugin out of the AutoUpdate directory, checking the FMSAUC_FindPlugIn ("DialogPlugin") result, which is -1, then testing FMSAUC_FindPlugIn ("Mailit") without the DialogPlugin, but still the same result, blank. I move DialogPlugin back and test; it results in "0.2". I have tried adding other plugins from scratch. Same problem. Blank results.