5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2009 11:50 AM by TSGal

FMSA9 filemaker server is currantly being deployed by another user

steelbut

Title

FMSA9 filemaker server is currantly being deployed by another user

Your post

I am installing the FMSA9 on my laptop to experiment with a php depolyment and I get the error "filemaker server is currantly being deployed by another user" when I am the only one who uses it.

What can I do?  Console will not open?  It seems like the server is running only because it is running in services but it is all I can see.

Has someone had the same problem?

Thanks, Larry

• 1. Re: FMSA9 filemaker server is currantly being deployed by another user
          TSGal

steelbut:

Thank you for your post.

Is this on a Windows or Macintosh machine?  If a Macintosh, is it Intel-based or PowerPC-based?

What OS and version?

How much memory?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMSA9 filemaker server is currantly being deployed by another user
            steelbut

Thanks for getting back to me.  I finally called and paid for service becasue I could not figure it out.  I am still working on it but the issue seems to be a version of Java and the need to roll back to 6.7 from 6.12 alon, of course with all the FMS9A updates to the current version.  but at least the console opens now.

I am still tring to figure out why I keep getting the anoing message;

FileMaker Server 9.0.1.132 on PLUMBLINE-SVR reported the following event:

Wed Mar 18 15:38:13 MDT 2009 FMS ERROR wpe1

Some problems were detected in the WPE COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING.
            And when I am working with WPE it randumly just shuts off. 

It would be great if you have some new information on that one.

Thanks, Larry

• 3. Re: FMSA9 filemaker server is currantly being deployed by another user
              TSGal

steelbut:

First, I'm glad you were able to get up and running....    except for Web Publishing.

I know ANY random errors are difficult to reproduce, so let me find out more about your system and try to determine if any cases were opened with the same scenario.

Is this Mac or Windows?  What version of the OS are you using?

When WPE does shut off, then it follows that this is written to the event log, which is what you showed me.

Do you have any other applications running on the server?  I'm trying to determine if there are any conflicts that interrupt with FileMaker Server.

When you installed the Web Server, did you notice anything different or out of the ordinary?

Anything else you think, even if minute, may help narrow down the possibilities.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: FMSA9 filemaker server is currantly being deployed by another user
                steelbut

Thanks, it is Windows 2003 Enterprise server on a Dell rack server in our office, Java 6.7 and all the updates I know of.  There is obviously a lot of other "services" running but for the most part it is only a file server and Filemaker server for in house files.  I have been experimenting with web serving but it just likes to throw the error if it is turned on or off through the console.  The email it sends is and it does not change if it is on or off;

FileMaker Server 9.0.1.132 on PLUMBLINE-SVR reported the following event:

Fri Apr 03 14:13:04 MDT 2009 FMS ERROR wpe1

Some problems were detected in the WPE COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING.

FileMaker Server automatically sent you this email.  Contact the administrator if you no longer want to receive these notifications:

Even though the files servered might have PHP or other options on, it is only serves our office and only a couple of computors.  It does have a VPN with a netgear applience box attached for remote access which does not seem to bother it and does not relate to the timing, but the message comes sometimes about every hour then sometimes about every couple of hours and not at the sames times.  Sometimes it goes way for a while then comes back.  I am hesitant to try the web publishing with PHP because it seems like it would be trouble.  I did find a long string on this forum but it did not seem to have a result, yet?

Thanks, Larry  

• 5. Re: FMSA9 filemaker server is currantly being deployed by another user
                  TSGal

steelbut:

Thanks for the additional information. 

I would like to see your log files.  This may provide a clue to why it is not responding.  I have sent you a private message (top of this screen - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the files.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.