2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2009 7:37 AM by jaws70

fmsadmin and fmserver not in workgroup manager

jaws70

Title

fmsadmin and fmserver not in workgroup manager

Your post

I just upgraded an Xserve to 10.6 server from 10.5.8 server.  I uninstalled Filemaker server before the upgrade as it was originally installed as 10.0.1.  After I was at 10.6 I installed Filemaker server 10.0.2.206.  The install went fine, but I do not see either fmsadmin or fmserver in the workgroup manager.  The FileMaker Server folder has both on it's sharing & permission so I'm not sure what is going on.  I could try and create a new user and group, but I don't want duplicate entries.  Does anyone have any ideas how to get these into the manager. 

Thanks

• 1. Re: fmsadmin and fmserver not in workgroup manager
          MartinBrändle

Hmm. We are still under Mac OS X Server 10.5.8, but ...

Are you sure that you did authenticate to the local directory: /Local/Default instead of the /LDAPv3/127.0.0.1 directory?

See line just below the tool bar of Workgroup Manager and the Lock at the right.

• 2. Re: fmsadmin and fmserver not in workgroup manager
            jaws70

Thanks for the resopnse, I was in the local directory. 

I did manage to get the 2 into the directory, but it involved reloading the 10.5.8 server image backup I had.  I kept Filemaker server installed during the upgrade to 10.6.  After I was in 10.6, I uninstalled Filemaker server and reinstalled Filemaker Server 10.0.2.  fmserver and fmsadmin were in the directory but neither had a ID #, so I assigned an unused group and user ID # to them.  It seems to be working now.