2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2009 2:19 PM by TSDiva

FMServer 10 keeps stopping?

Mick@YGO1

Title

FMServer 10 keeps stopping?

Your post

I am evaluating filemaker server 10 with MS Server 2008. Every thing up and running apart from the FM server keeps stopping on its own. (although iwp wont work)

The event log says fmserver.exe faulting module pcwum.dll.

this has happened every day now 2 or 3 times a day. cant seem to find out why.

Although when this happens you cant log into the FM admin console. So you cant start the server again. If the console is left open you can restart the server.

Any one any ideas??? before the trial runs out.

many thanks

Mike

• 1. Re: FMServer 10 keeps stopping?
          TSGal

Mick@YGO:

Thank you for your post.

I don't have a clear idea why this isn't working.  This is definitely a supported operating system.

I would first uninstall FileMaker Server, stop all non-Microsoft services and reboot the server.  Once rebooted, then reinstall FileMaker Server and start again. 

Yes, Instant Web Publishing is not available with FileMaker Server.  Only FileMaker Server Advanced.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: FMServer 10 keeps stopping?
            TSDiva

<!--  StartFragment  -->Mike,

After some research I found that Pcwum.dll is a new Windows components that can only exist on Windows Server 2008 R2 (which is currently in BETA) and Windows 7.

The above versions are not currently supported by FileMaker Server 10.

Please refer to the following URL for the system requirements for FileMaker Server 10

-TSDiva

FileMaker, Inc.