AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMServer 7 and Mac OS 10.5

Question asked by sencina on Dec 2, 2008
Latest reply on Jan 26, 2009 by rmanook

Title

FMServer 7 and Mac OS 10.5

Your post

My IT guy who doesn't work with FM had to install the updated version of Mac OS on my server machine (which is just a desktop).  Because of this, I had to reinstall all of my FMS 7 software.  Before I move on to installing FMS7A, I want to verify that FMS7 works just fine.  I install everything and I go to start the server to verify it.  However, at the local server window, I unlock the window and click "start server" but nothing happens.  The button remains greyed out, and after some time the lock icon locks itself with nothing happening.

I had it installed so FMS7 would just start on its own, but I then re-installed to manually start up to see if this would fix the issue.  Sadly, both ways leave me without FMS working.

As of now, I am just trying to test the sample database that comes with Server 7.  As I noted, I am running on OS10.5 (Leopard).  And before testing this out, I did install all the upgrades available for FMS7.  I have all the necessary sharing on, and the firewall is set to its most basic setting.

Because the server is not running, I cannot get into the console window to change anything, or to set any passwords or anything else.

Thanks.

Outcomes