What is the error? Get ( currentDate ) should work, the issue is more likely that the script step is not compatible.
Of course if you use it as a script parameter where the parameter is specified in the schedule, it won't work. Made that mistake myself. Script parameters used in a schedule cannot be calculated expressions, only literal constants.
To resolve that one on my own system, I wrote a small script that called my real script and used get ( currentDate ) as the script parameter. I then set up the schedule to call the small script and let it call the second script...
Thank you Phil, I figured out the problem was with another script step that I had forgot to disable when debugging ... thanks a lot for your time in responding!