Thank you for your post.
Here is what I have done.
1. I created a database file (File1.fp7) and table (e) with four fields:
Constant (Number - Global storage)
Calc (Calculation = Price * Constant)
2. I entered several records with different Names and Prices. No entry in the Constant field.
3. In Browse Mode, I changed it to View as Table.
4. I created a new Layout that only has the Constant field.
5. I turned on Instant Web Publishing.
6. On a second machine, I launched a browser and entered the IP Address of the host machine.
7. I selected the file from the Instant Web Publishing home page.
8. I switched to the second layout, entered "4" into Constant and pressed Submit.
9. I switched to the first layout, and all records displayed the calculation correctly.
Please let me know what I am doing differently than you, and I will try to replicate the problem.