AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help for a Potential customer to implement fail over solution for File Maker Server

Question asked by HaniYakoob on Apr 22, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 24, 2011 by HaniYakoob

Title

Help for a Potential customer to implement fail over solution for File Maker Server

Your post

Hello guys,

I a new customer for File Maker software and I need to buy a package for my coming project .

I need to host File Maker server for about 50 Clients ( GP's and  Opticians) to let them have access to it and build patients files and databse which is stored remotely and shared to all of my customers .

We cant have any downtime to either the server ( the File Maker Server software ) or the database storage avilablity , so I need to implent a fail over server and maybe storage clustering or an external shared storge solyution .

I understand that this place would the best place to find and ask for the experties advice as this sort of senario maight have been implented before with cost effective solution .

I would really appreciate it if I could get you Guys help and advice regarding this new project of mine .

Note: I have tow options to host the servers , either locally in my house ( cut the cost , though bit risky) or host them in a hosting company .

Egaerly waiting for your ideas

Regards

Outcomes