2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2010 8:15 PM by FluffyBear

Help please... PHP pages blank after upgrade

mrmacmusic

Title

Help please... PHP pages blank after upgrade

Your post

Hoping someone can help.....

I recently upgraded our Xserve from 10.5 to 10.6, opting to wipe and start from scratch. All OS stuff working just fine, including wikis, custom sites etc.... Filemaker Server 10 'vanilla' installation was done, opting to use the built-in Apache webserver, and our database files uploaded – all 100% OK (thankfully!).

Before wiping the server, I took a backup of the folder of files needed for our CWP solution, and have now re-instated these in the default location – /Library/WebServer/ thinking all would be hunky-dory. However, when I try to launch any of the .php files in the folder, I get nothing – no errors, just blank pages.

I'm tearing my hair out here – what have I missed?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

• 1. Re: Help please... PHP pages blank after upgrade
          TSGal

mrmacmusic:

Thank you for your post.

Are you able to get to the Test page?

Were these original PHP files created with FileMaker's PHP Site Assistant?

Move the original files to another folder (desktop) temporarily, and see if you can create and use the PHP Site Assistant with your database file.

Other than that, it sounds like you have done everything else correctly.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Help please... PHP pages blank after upgrade
            FluffyBear

Going from 10.5 to 10.6 (both Desktop and Server) upgrade the default PHP installation from 5.2.x to 5.3.x .  This is a fairly major PHP upgrade that did broke a few things.  Since you said that you backup your solution's files,  I'm guessing somewhere in there is something that got broken.

Check your php.ini file see if it is still displaying errors.