5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2009 10:47 AM by ErichWetzel

Help to Manual install FileMaker API on Mac OS X Server 10.5.3

ErichWetzel

Title

Help to Manual install FileMaker API on Mac OS X Server 10.5.3

Your post

Install of FMSA10 was set to use default php (5.2.5) from OS X Server 10.5.3 as we had php pages and scripts which worked and as such felt no need to play with or potentially break at the time of FMSA10 install.  Now ready to try PHP with filemaker. 

Following the instructions in the Filemaker Server Custom web publishing with PHP documentation, I have performed the following steps:

-Enable cURL.  Info.php shows it as enabled.

-Place FileMaker.php and FileMaker folder from Standalone zip file into /Library/WebServer/Documents

-In php.ini add line to tell where these things are: include_path = /Library/WebServer/Documents/FileMaker.php

Restart Web server.  Restart Web Publishing Engine. 

Test page result:

Warning: require_once(FileMaker.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/web-server-support/test/fmi-test/phptest.php on line 5

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'FileMaker.php' (include_path='/Library/WebServer/Documents/FileMaker.php') in /Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/web-server-support/test/fmi-test/phptest.php on line 5 

Advice?

Thanks - Erich 

• 1. Re: Help to Manual install FileMaker API on Mac OS X Server 10.5.3
          TSGal

ErichWetzel:

Thank you for your post.

If you are using the default php 5.2.5, there is no reason to install the FileMaker API.  It appears that all of your other steps are fine, so I would install FileMaker's php and try again.

If you still come across the problem, see if you can perform a test page for Instant Web Publishing.  If this fails, then there is a problem with the web publishing engine and you should reinstall.  If this works, then the problem is with the FileMaker API with the OS php 5.2.5.

Please keep me posted with your progress.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Help to Manual install FileMaker API on Mac OS X Server 10.5.3
            ErichWetzel

TSGal, thanks for the reply.

I am confused by what you have said.  For clarity I am using the OS default php 5.2.5 NOT The FileMaker php.  The OS default php doesn't have the FileMaker API and according to the directions on page 15 of the guide I mentioned I need to put the FileMaker.php and FileMaker folder in and reference them so that the .

We are using a two machine alternate set up.  Web server + FileMaker web server interface on one machine and FileMaker Server + Web Publishing Engine on a separate machine.

The Instant Web Publishing is working, as we currently use it read-only from the internet.  Our current web site uses XSLT which is currently working correctly along with the XSLT test page.  The FileMaker PHP test page is the only failed test page.

Are you suggesting that I should reinstall the FileMaker web server interface AND FileMaker's PHP on the web server?  Currently I am trying to avoid that because I believe that one of our current functioning php scripts/pages fails with the FileMaker PHP and I do not have the time now to search out that type of error in long scripts. 

Thanks. 

• 3. Re: Help to Manual install FileMaker API on Mac OS X Server 10.5.3
              TSGal

ErichWetzel:

Sorry for the confusion, and some of that was on my part from not reading your post correctly, and the information I provided was incorrect.

Line 5 of the phptest.php file is where it is looking for the filemaker.php file.  Unfortunately, our servers are offline at the moment, so I'll play with it on Monday and get back to you.

Until then, you may want to place the FileMaker.php and FileMaker folder into all the include paths you see in the php.ini file to be sure PHP can find our API.  Try again after doing that.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Help to Manual install FileMaker API on Mac OS X Server 10.5.3
                ErichWetzel

TSGal,

Sorry to be so slow in following up on this one.  I have finally had some time to work on this.  I edited the deployment to use the PHP bundled with FileMaker Server and everything worked fine.  I believe that we can rule out any installation issues as a result.

The problem I have is that I need our PHP because it has GD and I am using a script that requires it in our web site.  I do not have the knowledge or skill to add GD to the PHP that came with FileMaker.

Here is what I have done:

Download and unzip the Standalone PHP API

Put both FileMaker.php and the FileMaker folder into /Library/WebServer/Documents as mentioned in the fatal error line I am getting when doing the PHP test:

Warning: require_once(FileMaker.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/web-server-support/test/fmi-test/phptest.php on line 5

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'FileMaker.php' (include_path='/Library/WebServer/Documents/FileMaker.php') in /Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/web-server-support/test/fmi-test/phptest.php on line 5

The next question I have is what should the permissions be for those items?  I show them being read only for everyone.  That is usually sufficient for what I have needed in the past.

Anything else you can advise?

Thanks again - Erich 

• 5. Re: Help to Manual install FileMaker API on Mac OS X Server 10.5.3
                  ErichWetzel

Solved this one.

Based on the error I was getting, I entered the include path as /Library/WebServer/Documents/FileMaker.php

It works if the path is listed as /Library/WebServer/Documents/

With that change in php.ini to help PHP find the FileMaker API everything is working now and the test pages are coming back correctly.

-Erich