AnsweredAssumed Answered

HELP unable to start database server

Question asked by MarkReed on Jul 9, 2010
Latest reply on Oct 5, 2010 by bagheraa

Title

HELP unable to start database server

Your post

I am having a very odd problem.

It started when I rebooted our filemaker server.

Once it rebooted, no one could log into any databases.

I opened the admin console and got the error message "Could not start  database server"

When I clicked on the server start icon, it got an hourglass then back  to cursor after a minute but it did not start - got same message when I  click any of the links on the left - such as databases.

I figured... well... lets manually stop and restart - so I cycled the  service manually.  Still no luck.

At this point I figured, well, I wanted to upgrade to version 11  anyways.. so I uninstalled filemaker server 10, including bento and the  admin console - rebooted the server and installed version 11 server.

It installed fine - but when it went to launcht he admin console for me  to set up the server and databases, ect... I get the message Cannot  Start Database Server - Restart Server.

Again I manually cycled the services ect...  Even tried the command  prompt commands to start the server... no luck.

I have no idea what could be causing this ... basically I uninstalled 10  and did a fresh install of 11 and still get this odd DB not running  message.

Any ideas?  Im ready to drive off a cliff!!!

Outcomes