1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 23, 2010 5:16 AM by MirekKlimas

Help with Database set up for Filemaker Pro

MirekKlimas

Title

Help with Database set up for Filemaker Pro

Your post

Hi , this is my first post on here and thanks in advance for any assistance that is given

I have File Maker 10 Advanced installed on my MBP and Filemaker Go App on my iPad. Based on a video I saw from Filemaker  regarding syncing files I have also now got a basic 2GB Drop Box Account including the app for my iPad.

There are a few things that I need a little help on initially 

1. I created a simple layout on a database on my MBP to test before I did too much work. My first problem is the size of the layout. The sample inventory example on FM Go is a nice size and fits the screen perfectly. I wrongly assumed that if I created a layout ( in mm ) the size of the iPad screen ( in mm ) that it would fit. It doesnt. So can someone advise me what size layout is required to fill the iPad screen just like the Sample Inventory Example?

2. I created a test file on my MBP in FMA 10 called test.fp7 and put it in my drop box and opened it in FM Go through the Dropbox interface, this opened in FM Go great ( apart from size ) and all was OK. I think I made the mistake of not closing the file and now have 3 files in FM Go on the Files on Device called Test, Test 1 and Test 2. How do I  delete these. ???

I am sure there will be other problems/challenges in the future, however, some initial assiatance would be greatly appreciated

I can see a lot of instances whereby I will be using my iPad on a day to day basis and will be looking to write a fair few databases to use for personal use in the future

Regards

Mirek