AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help With Multi Machine Deployment!

Question asked by AnthonyCorrea on May 1, 2014
Latest reply on May 7, 2014 by tcfitzgerald

Title

Help With Multi Machine Deployment!

Your post

Hello All!

I am hoping someone else has run across the issue I am having, as I do not know where to turn at this point!

I am working on a FileMaker 13 Multi Machine Deployment,  in which both servers are MS 2012 Standard Servers. One with 8GBs of RAM, Octa-core, with an 80gb SSD and another 100gb SSD attached, this being our Filemaker Database Server. The other is a 16gb, Quad-Core, and 80gb SSD, this being our Web Server. Both of these are virtual machines.

I have used this guide: https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/docs/13/en/fms13_getting_started.pdf

And followed it to a T, but when I am trying too add the Worker server to the Master it never detects it. The ports have been opened, and I have done everything necessary in terms of Port opening in our Firewall as well as software firewall! I am baffled beyond comprehension... Upon install of FMS on either machine all appears correct in IIS, and I do not see any issues with the setup (as I referenced the FM Help Guide to do everything!) 

What am I missing that may not have been mentioned in the guide!? If anyone can lend a hand or has some input I would greatly appreciate it as I am stumped..

Outcomes