6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2009 10:54 AM by MikeyG79

Help with OSX permissions for databases and backups in non standard locations

ErichWetzel

Title

Help with OSX permissions for databases and backups in non standard locations

Your post

OS X Client 10.5.6

FMSA 10 new installation

Database files are on a separate drive from the OS for safety

Just removed our FMSA 9 installation using the uninstaller as recommended in the Knowledge base article on the site here.  Rebooted all machines after uninstall and after new install of FMSA 10. 

I need help adjusting the ownership and group of the files themselves and the folders containing them since the server cannot use or save backups to our folders unless they are set to read/write for all.  Since this system is not a server there is no GUI which allows for convenient selection of the daemon and other underlying users as owner and group.  I also have a strange issue where there is an "(unknown)" group listed in the get info window for all of the files and folders associated with the database.  I assume that the (unknown) group was the fmsadmin from the FMSA9 installation that went away with the uninstall.  The problem is that I cannot delete the (unknown) group.  I am comfortable with the Terminal, I just do not know what commands to run.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

-Erich