AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hosted database not found on clients

Question asked by KrisCirillo on Nov 29, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 30, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Hosted database not found on clients

Your post

Server : MacMini running OSX 10.8 with FileMaker Server 11.0.4.404

Clients : Laptops running OSX 10.6 and 10.7 with FileMaker Pro Advanced 11v.4

I have been using Filemaker Server to host my database for almost a year now. It had been working flawlessly. Due to other services that the server hosted I decided to upgrade to OSX 10.8. I did a fresh install of the OS and set all my services back up including installing FileMaker Server. I uploaded my database and it worked just fine for about two weeks. Then all of a sudden clients could not open the database anymore. After a bit of troubleshooting I decided to reinstall FileMaker Server. I did so and still no go on opening the data base. Even on the client, if I go to browse remote, it sees the server but it does not see any hosted files, not even the sample file. Also on my database I notice the status is Normal but the only thing checked is Pro. I am assuming some of these other database types should be checked. I have no idea what to do now. I have doubled checked the permissions on the file and the filemaker user has read/write permissions as well as folders in the directory leading up to it. If anyone has any tips for me I would greatly appreciate it. 

Outcomes