2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2010 6:13 AM by mps1773

How do I get web publishing working on a clean MacOSX Server?

BrettAllan

Title

How do I get web publishing working on a clean MacOSX Server?

Your post

Hi All,
      I'm new to FM Server 11 and OSX Snow Leopard Server 10.6.4... My understanding is that you just install FM Server 11 (we have the non Advanced version) and it does everything to make web publishing access happy for itself - is this right? When I try this it says it cannot connect to the webserver as it is not configured correctly???? I assume I use PHP option at the configuration screen and FM Server works out how to do this...but no success! I've tried using the use Macs PHP option and FMs and get the same result - web server is not configured!
      I have read that Mac OSX comes with PHP turned off out of the box... so I am a bit confused here!
      What I want to do is install FM Server11 directly on top of a fresh install of OSX10.6.4 Server and have web integration/publishing working with FM Server... what do I need to do to make this happen? It seems to imply in the book I need a webserver working first and that FM Server will then talk to it... OSX has a webserver on after install - so I don't know where to go from here. I don't know what to do...
      Help please... has anyone installed FM11 Server11 (the non Advanced version) onto a new version of the MAcOSX server 10.6.x and been able to get it working with web publishing... if so, can you please send me the steps!
      Or do I need to get the advanced version?
      Cheers
      Thanks in Advance!