13 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2010 1:34 PM by TSGal

How to put into server

thong127

Title

How to put into server

Your post

Hi to everybody,

Kindly help us to my simple problem, We have two data base and we have recently purchased a filemaker server pro advance, how can we put the two data base to the server?

Thank you very much.

Thong

• 1. Re: How to put into server
          littledog

Hi,

Open FM server as administrator, find "Upload database". Upload first db, then second, then 3rd etc. Be sure that necessary is open (FM, IWP,PHP etc.).

Use uploaded files via FileMaker Pro OpenRemote command  

• 2. Re: How to put into server
            thong127

Hi, Thanks for the reply, we already uploaded to the server but when we try to open the data base it says "page cannot be open" kindly help us to this problem.

Thanks

Loreto

• 3. Re: How to put into server
              MikeyG79
                 Are they "Open" in the server?
              • 4. Re: How to put into server
                thong127

Do we need to open the file to the server before anybody on the network can open the file?

Thanks.

thong

• 5. Re: How to put into server
                  MikeyG79

Open the server admin console.

On the left, click on databases.

In the large field on the right, you should see your databases listed. Beside them possibly an open/closed/etc. flag. Right click on one, and choose Open All

• 6. Re: How to put into server
                    thong127

This is what I get from my address bar:

data:text/html,<html><head> <style>body { padding: 0; margin: 0; font: 10px verdana; }</style></head> <body bgcolor=

Then on the body it says:

This webpage cannot be displayed

Most likely cause:

• some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed.

what can you try:

• serach online for a program you can use to view this web content.
                    • retype the address.
                    • go back to the previous page

• 7. Re: How to put into server
                      littledog
                         What web page you try to open?
                      • 8. Re: How to put into server
                        thong127

in my address bar, I type the IP address to look for the data base in our server, when I try to open our data base it appear the following:

data:text/html,<html><head> <style>body { padding: 0; margin: 0; font: 10px verdana; }</style></head> <body bgcolor=

Then on the body it says:

This webpage cannot be displayed

Most likely cause:

• some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed.

what can you try:

• serach online for a program you can use to view this web content.
                        • retype the address.
                        • go back to the previous page

• 9. Re: How to put into server
                          TSGal

thongLoreto:

Thank you for your posts.

Is FileMaker Server Advanced 10 installed?  Was there any problem in deploying the server?  Does Admin Console launch and display the databases?  Are the databases open in Admin Console?  If so, are the files set to open for all users?

Any other information you can provide would be helpful in narrowing down the possible causes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 10. Re: How to put into server
                            thong127

Our Filemaker Advance 10 was installed in our server, and all our data base is open in admin console and they are open to all users, is there any specific internet explorer to be use in order to access the database through IWP? because when I open our database we can locate it that they are in the server, but when I click to open then It says the webpage cannot be displayed at this time.

thank you very much.

• 11. Re: How to put into server
                              TSGal

thongLoreto:

Thank you for the additional information.

I use Internet Explorer 8 (and Firefox and Safari) to access files via Instant Web Publishing.  On one server here running FileMaker Server 10 Advanced, I have 14 database files hosted of which two are set for Instant Web Publishing.  When I access that server with the browser, only those two files show up in the Instant Web Publishing page.

There could be something wrong with your Instant Web Publishing module when you installed.  Assuming Instant Web Publishing is turned on in Server, just make sure in Admin Console there is a check mark in the Instant Web Publishing column for those databases you want accessible.  If this still doesn't work, then a reinstallation may be necessary.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 12. Re: How to put into server
                                thong127

Thank you for your suggestion, I tried to use firefox its okey, but the color compare to the original one( what I mean is the data base that I made from filemaker advance pro 10) and some other features are not working, and it responds so slow. What is the possible solution to this problem?

As an additional info, my database was made from filemaker trial version 10 before. when we bougth the filemaker pro advance 10, I uninstalled the trial one then use the pro advance 10. is this also a possible problem?

Thanks again in advance.

• 13. Re: How to put into server
                                  TSGal

thongLoreto:

When accessing a hosted file using Instant Web Publishing, FileMaker Pro is sending information to the browser how to display the information.

Can you be specific about what features are not working?  What are you trying to do where the response is slow?

There is no difference if a database file is created with either FileMaker Pro, FileMaker Pro Advanced, or FileMaker Pro Trial.  This would not be a problem.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.