How to run latest Java 7?
Hi, so I just upgraded from FileMaker Server 12 Advanced 12.0v3 to 12.0v4 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.
1. I followed the rigmarole of uninstalling the old version, then uninstalled all versions of Java
2. installed Java 7 update 21 64-bit (it went into C:\Program Files\Java\jre7)
3. installed FMS12A 12.0v4, which then installed Java 7 update 17 64-bit (into C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.7.0_17)
4. re-entered all the server settings (there's got to be a better upgrade method).
The server's all up & running. Now I'd like to remove the old version of Java (FMI does recommend running the latest of the 7 series).
1. can I tell what version of Java FMS is running?
2. if it's not the latest, how can I switch it to the latest?