2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2013 2:26 PM by barefootguru

How to run latest Java 7?

barefootguru

Title

How to run latest Java 7?

Your post

Hi, so I just upgraded from FileMaker Server 12 Advanced 12.0v3 to 12.0v4 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.

1. I followed the rigmarole of uninstalling the old version, then uninstalled all versions of Java

2. installed Java 7 update 21 64-bit (it went into C:\Program Files\Java\jre7)

3. installed FMS12A 12.0v4, which then installed Java 7 update 17 64-bit (into C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.7.0_17)

4. re-entered all the server settings (there's got to be a better upgrade method).

The server's all up & running.  Now I'd like to remove the old version of Java (FMI does recommend running the latest of the 7 series).

1. can I tell what version of Java FMS is running?

2. if it's not the latest, how can I switch it to the latest?

Cheers

• 1. Re: How to run latest Java 7?

barefootguru:

Thank you for the post.

To know for sure which version of Java is being used:

1. Uninstall Java 7 update 17 from the Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features

2. Leave only the latest version of Java or reinstall the latest, Java 7 Update 21

3. Check to see if Java is working at the following link:

www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

Please let me know if any of the above steps need further clarification.

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: How to run latest Java 7?
            barefootguru

Thanks TSFalcon.  Was concerned FMS was hardcoded to use update 17, but have uninstalled that version, rebooted to make sure, and everything's still working.