2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2013 9:07 AM by user14040

How to track more than one technician

user14040

Title

How to track more than one technician

Your post

Hi I created a solution that tracks equipment repairs  what I want to do is track each technician's service report.

I have two technician on a field report and I am  able to track the first technician's reports but when I use the second drop box it does not show the field reports it only tracks the first technician.

The relations I have is

ServiceTechnician2:TechID :: ServiceReport:technIDfk

ServiceTechnician5:TechID:: ServiceReport:technIDfk5

On the Technician layout (Technician2 table) i am using a portal which is set to ServiceReport Table

How do I get Technician5 when selected to show up on the technician layout?

Example:

Technician 1 :Joe

Technician 2 :John

Both are on the same job, each name is selected in the drop down menu, what I want to see is the field report listed on John's technician page right now it only shows up on Joe's technician page.

Thanks

• 1. Re: How to track more than one technician
          DillipKumarMahapatra

Hi,

You can follow below steps to achive this. Create one global number field as "gTechnicianID" in Service Report table. Now create one relationship based on 

ServiceTechnician:gTechnicianID :: ServiceReport:technIDfk

Now create one valuelist to select the techician name from the list based on ServiceTechnician to show all Technicians ID and Name with value shows from Name field only. Show the portal based on ServiceTechnician:gTechnicianID :: ServiceReport:technIDfk relationship just below to the valuelist.

So this relationship will show the list of service report of selected technician.

I hope this will work for you. Anymore help will be appreciated.

Thanks

• 2. Re: How to track more than one technician
            user14040

I cant get this to work, It shows the same technician name;  (which table to make global field i tried both tables ServiceTechnician and ServiceReport but both did not work)

Create one global number field as "gTechnicianID" in Service Report table. Now create one relationship based on 

ServiceTechnician:gTechnicianID :: ServiceReport:technIDfk

I dont understand this part

Show the portal based on ServiceTechnician:gTechnicianID :: ServiceReport:technIDfk relationship just below to the valuelist.