2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2012 5:17 PM by JimMac

I need a MacOS FM8.0v4 update file

JimMac

Title

I need a MacOS FM8.0v4 update file

Your post

I hope someone saved a download, since FM won't service v8 anymore.  It is temperory thing since we were bit by bit moving many DB's to FM12.

Xrossing fingers!!

Jim...

• 1. Re: I need a MacOS FM8.0v4 update file

Jim Gurley:

Thank you for your post.

You can find download links for our previous versions by going to FileMaker.com and clicking:

Support -> Downloads

Then, under "Update and supporting files for previous versions", click on “updaters archive page.”

The full URL here: http://www.filemaker.com/support/downloads/downloads_prev_versions.html 

The downloads are also in Knowledge Base articles KB 5698 and KB 6846. FileMaker Pro 8.0v3 was the last client version 8 released.

The last version of FileMaker Server 8 released was FileMaker Server 8.0v4 and FileMaker Server 8.0v4 Advanced and can be found in KB 6845.

The full URL here: http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6845/  

TSFalcon
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: I need a MacOS FM8.0v4 update file
            JimMac

I appreciate the response.  I did find that post.Smile

But....

It gave me an error message that is would not work on Intel based macs, which is contrary to the documentation. 

So..

I figured it must be because it was on MacOS 10.5 leopard. I am expecting an Apple provided Mac 10.4 tiger disc to fix my HD volumen info. Then try to upgrade to FMPS 8.0v4.

.Hopefully...

That will bring the Server back to life until we fully convert to FMP12.

I am able to run as HOST on 10.5 and we are limited to our internal LAN and can't get to the HOST from Outside fixed IP.  Not sure why.

Thanks again...

Jim...