This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
- Do whatever is necessary to insure no user is currently updating the served file. (Close the file on server, wait until after office hours, whatever)
- Take a clone of your updated file.
- Import all records from the current copy into your updated copy. Use the matching field names option.
- Reset any serial number settings to be greater than the largest serial number file present. (This step can be scripted.)
- Remove the old file from the server.
- Upload the replacement.
Thank you PhilModJunk,
Any chance to describe me how to make the dbase unavailable for users through the FMServer Console?
Using FMS 10:
- Click databases
- Click, ctrl-click, or shift-click to select the database files you want to update.
- Select Close from the actions menu.
- Click perform action.
- If there are any clients logged on, you can then send them a message and give them a set amount of time until you kick them off.
- After you've replaced the files with updates, Select them and choose "Open" to make them available over the network.