2 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2011 10:14 AM by philmodjunk

Incorrect Date format in Serverside Exports (mm/dd/yyyy instead of dd/mm/yyyy)

pgageler

Title

Incorrect Date format in Serverside Exports (mm/dd/yyyy instead of dd/mm/yyyy)

Your post

I have a script that runs once a month on FMSA11. It finds a group of records, exports key data (including a number of dates) to an .xls file, and then emails that file. Everything works fine except that the date format is always incorrect incorrectly in the US (mm/dd/yyyy), rather than Australian/UK format (dd/mm/yyyy).

The layout from which the export is taken has all included dates in the correct format: dd/mm/yyyy. The Export script step has "apply current layout's data formatting to exported data" checked. When run from my computer (or under Citrix) dates are exported in the correct format, but when run as a server-side script the dates is always in US format. The (Windows 2003) Server ystem is set to Australian date format. The database was created in Australian date format and has never been used with US settings. It seems like any script run on FMS just ignores the file AND system's data preferences.

Others have previously reported the same type of problem, but with importing dates (something I have experienced as well) - Server Side Imports don't use correct date formatand FileMaker Server Side Script Not Importing Dates Correctly

Any suggestions on how to fix this one?