0 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2013 2:03 PM by dhafitch

Insert from URL script step and Interactive Media fields fail in IWP via FMS12 Advanced

dhafitch

Title

Insert from URL script step and Interactive Media fields fail in IWP via FMS12 Advanced

Your post

I just upgraded to FM12 Advanced and FM Server 12 Advanced specifically in order to take advantage of the "enhanced container fields".  I serve my database using IWP via FMS.  The main thing I want to do is show images/movies/PDFs in a global Container field.  The images are on my web server and can be accessed openly and directly via URL.  I have a portal that shows a list of the image titles, which are also buttons that run a script. The script uses the "Insert from URL" to put the image into the global Container "viewer".

This WORKS GREAT in the client version on my desktop (thanks to Ronnie Rios!).  However, the "Insert from URL" script step does NOT work when the database is served via IWP (FMS12 Adv).

Interestingly, this was a known issue last year, as documented on a FM help page (Answer ID: 10185, April 4, 2012, help.filemaker.com).  This help page, however, says that the issue "only impacts IWP via FM but works when hosted by FMS Advanced."  So actually, this issue seems to have gotten WORSE instead of better.

ALSO, the image displayed in the global Container field (apparently left over from development) is skewed so that it fails to "maintain original proportions, despite the field layout settings).

If you want to try this out, I can send a small test file called "ViewerTest2.fm12".  You can also try it out via my server:

http://128.122.60.136/fmi/iwp/cgi?-db=ViewerTest2&-loadframes

(To the right of the global Container "viewer" is a Web Viewer that uses data:text/html code to display the image via URL.  The web viewer solution does not work well for all browsers, but shows that the URLs themselves work when you select an image to display.)

Will FileMaker be resolving this issue anytime soon?

Thanks!