2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2008 9:59 AM by momelia

Install error,"The configuration data for this product is corrupt. C your support peeps."

momelia

Title

Install error,"The configuration data for this product is corrupt. C your support peeps."

Your post

I am having trouble installing FileMaker Server 5.5 onto a new DELL with Windows Server 2003. 

FM Server 5.5 was successfully installed onto the C: drive of this computer, but then removed in order to re-install it onto the D: drive, second partition.  It hung during the uninstallation and then had to be removed via deleting the folder in C:Program Files\FileMaker and removing "FileMaker" lines in the registry. 

Now when I try to install it from a 2nd installation cd or from the install cd copied onto the D: drive it fails early during installation with the error message, "The configuration data for this product is corrupt.  Contact your support personnel." 

I am the support personnel.  Thank you in advance.  I appreciate your help.

2nd Question:  Can FM Server 5.5 be installed on the D: partition?  Thanks! 

Peace.

Mark O'Melia

momelia@minn.net

Minneapolis, MN

• 1. Re: Install error,"The configuration data for this product is corrupt. C your support peeps."
          rmanook

Hi momelia,

Unfortunately, I will be of little help as this particular software is not tested or certified for Windows Server 2003.  You should be able to install on the D: partition (FileMaker Server 9 introduced the "limitation" of installing where the OS is installed).  Will Server 5.5 install successfully on the C: drive again?

I'm sorry that I can not be of more help to you.  Is anyone else using this configuration?  Let us know and help out!:smileyhappy:

tsturtle

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Install error,"The configuration data for this product is corrupt. C your support peeps."
            momelia

Dear tsturtle:

Thank you for your post.  Unfortunately, after on the phone support with File Maker, running a registry cleaner on Windows Server 2003 and finally reinstalling Windows Server 2003 on top of the initial installation plus installing over 50 Microsoft updates did not produce an environment capable of installing File Maker.  Investigating a resolution to the event log error regarding, "MsiInstaller" may produce a solution - currently Microsoft's Knowledge Base says, "We're Sorry. There is no additional information about this issue."  Formatting and reinstalling the Windows Server 2003 operating system looks like my next option but even that is still not a guaranteed resolution.

Thank you again for your post.  I plan on working on this over the weekend and will post my results.  Please feel free to add to this list.  Thanks!

Mark

Minneapolis, MN