Same problem here.
I have reinstall it from scratch (after uninstall) and used port 80 and 443 (that were used by Skype). Before I setup others ports.
Now I have completed one more step but again it's blocked on step 5 although it says in the comment window that the web server test was ok :( !!
Help needed !
- disable the windows firewall Domaine,Private,public
- shutdown my antipyware Spybot
- restart the service Filemaker Server
- restart the assistant at http://localhost:16001/admin-console
- change the username for Admin access and also another password
all the step have completed successfully.... weird !!
I'll start again few things later and see what was the problem
good luck ! ;)
We had similar problems when we first installed on Windows 2012. Originally we didn't think we could use FMS14 as both Chrome and IE just 'froze' with initially the yellow and then red indicator spinning for ever.
The problem was resolved by adding both ports 16000 and 16001 to the Windows Firewall Inbound rules. Previously on FileMaker Server 13 we only had a rule for 16000 and the documentation only says that port 16001 needs to be available, but this resolved it immediately.
Hope this helps