2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2011 1:05 PM by AVanston

Instant Web publishing help - Am I missing something?

AVanston

Title

Instant Web publishing help - Am I missing something?

Your post

Hi ,

I am running a client server network for file maker server 11 that stores of course the file son a main server and the clients access them etc. we are expanding onto the internet so we may have other clients access these applications, using instant web publishing. Now reading through (some very poor ) help files regarding setting up IWP I am currently stuck and need some help.

These help files reference the “Instant web publishing engine” and in the help file I am reading (could only find a set-up help for File maker Server 7) it says that’s this engine if not installed is located in Filemaker->File maker Server-> Web publishing.  Now after looking on the server I am not able to locate this file to install it so I may IWP. Can anyone lend me some help in regards to setting up IWP or where I may locate this file to install the engine?

If this helps the setup typography for this instant web publishing is to have a local server to host the Files/applications and a second machine to host/access them via the net via PHP publishing etc.

Thanks,

Aaron

• 1. Re: Instant Web publishing help - Am I missing something?

A Vanston:

Thanks for posting!

To use Instant Web Publishing, you'll need FileMaker Server Advanced. If you do have the Advanced version, you can deploy the Instant Web Publishing Engine by opening the admin console and selecting "Edit Server Deployment". This option will be located on the right side of the FileMaker Server Overview page.

Before you do that, you may want to check the FileMaker Server Overview to ensure IWP isn't already deployed. If it's deployed and functioning correctly, you should see a green dot next to the Web Publishing Engine and "ON" next to IWP. If it is already deployed and functioning, check the databases view in the admin console and verify that there's a check under the IWP column for your file. This means that there is at least one account with the fmiwp extended privilege set enabled. If there isn't, you'll need to open this file and enable it through File -> Manage -> Security. Inside this dialog, select the Privilege Sets and edit the privilege set assigned to the account that you'd like to use for IWP. 

Once the above is setup, you can access your IWP databases via http://<server ip>/fmi/iwp

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Instant Web publishing help - Am I missing something?
            AVanston

Hi

@TSBear

Sorry but is it only advance thats capable of IWP ? i was sure that the standard server would be suffice. Thanks for your help!