4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2009 11:30 AM by ChadS

Instant Web Publishing Options Greyed Out After Changes

ChadS

Title

Instant Web Publishing Options Greyed Out After Changes

Your post

We recently made a change to the IWP session timeout on two of our FileMaker Server Advanced 10 systems.  After increasing the timeout value from 20 to 60 minutes, we selected Save and the system seemed to accept the change and resume regular operation.

However, when we returned back to the same tab all options are not greyed out.  The system seems to be running fine, but we needed to restart the FileMaker service before the options became available for editing again.  Has anyone else encountered this issue or know of a less intrusive way of fixing it?  Thanks!

We are running the server on Windows Server 2003.

NOTE: we restarted the FileMaker database on the development server and the panel was restored to normal; however, we don't want to kick the production users off with a DB restart if at all possible.

• 1. Re: Instant Web Publishing Options Greyed Out After Changes
          TSGal

ChadS:

Thank you for your post.

These are the steps I performed on FileMaker Server 10 Advanced on Windows 2003 Server:

1. FileMaker Server 10 Advanced is up and running.

2. I select "Web Publishing" option on the left side of the Admin Console, and then select the tab "Instant Web Publishing" on the right side.

3. I increase the timeout value from 15 to 60 minutes.

3. I click "Save" followed by "Save and Restart".

4. After a few seconds, the changes are set and the "Revert" and "Save" buttons are grayed out.  All other options should not be grayed out.  The "Revert" and "Save" buttons become active again when one of the values (enable, timeout, or Status Area) are changed.

Please let me know what I'm doing differently than you.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Instant Web Publishing Options Greyed Out After Changes
            ChadS

Thanks for the reply! 

As it turns out, we can reproduce the event when we set the timeout value specifically to 60 minutes.  If we set it to 59 minutes, the console works as you described; however, if we set it to 60 minutes all of the IWP setting remain greyed out (see below).

I can send you a screenshot of the window if you would like.

• 3. Re: Instant Web Publishing Options Greyed Out After Changes
              TSGal

ChadS:

Thank you for the additional information.  Unfortunately, I am still unable to duplicate the problem.  I don't doubt this is happening to you!

If you switch from "Web Publishing" to another setting, and then back to "Web Publishing", does it remain grayed out?  If not, then it sounds like a screen refresh issue.  If not, once it is set to 60 minutes, how are you able to change it to a different setting if everything is grayed out?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Instant Web Publishing Options Greyed Out After Changes
                ChadS

The only way we found to recover from the grey panel problem was to restart the FileMaker database.

We are running FileMaker Server Advanced, I wonder if it has something to do with the maximum # of users and the memory on the server?  At this point we are simply avoiding setting the value to 60 since anything lower works as expected.

Thanks for your help.