Thank you for your post.
These are the steps I performed on FileMaker Server 10 Advanced on Windows 2003 Server:
1. FileMaker Server 10 Advanced is up and running.
2. I select "Web Publishing" option on the left side of the Admin Console, and then select the tab "Instant Web Publishing" on the right side.
3. I increase the timeout value from 15 to 60 minutes.
3. I click "Save" followed by "Save and Restart".
4. After a few seconds, the changes are set and the "Revert" and "Save" buttons are grayed out. All other options should not be grayed out. The "Revert" and "Save" buttons become active again when one of the values (enable, timeout, or Status Area) are changed.
Please let me know what I'm doing differently than you.
Thanks for the reply!
As it turns out, we can reproduce the event when we set the timeout value specifically to 60 minutes. If we set it to 59 minutes, the console works as you described; however, if we set it to 60 minutes all of the IWP setting remain greyed out (see below).
I can send you a screenshot of the window if you would like.
Thank you for the additional information. Unfortunately, I am still unable to duplicate the problem. I don't doubt this is happening to you!
If you switch from "Web Publishing" to another setting, and then back to "Web Publishing", does it remain grayed out? If not, then it sounds like a screen refresh issue. If not, once it is set to 60 minutes, how are you able to change it to a different setting if everything is grayed out?
The only way we found to recover from the grey panel problem was to restart the FileMaker database.
We are running FileMaker Server Advanced, I wonder if it has something to do with the maximum # of users and the memory on the server? At this point we are simply avoiding setting the value to 60 since anything lower works as expected.
Thanks for your help.