5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2014 10:36 AM by guy.lunsford

Intermittent PHP connection error 802

guy.lunsford

Title

Intermittent PHP connection error 802

Your post

We are having intermittent errors with our FileMaker Pro 12 server running on OSX. Occasionally, our web server will get a "Unauthorized" error over PHP, this will continue for some time between 45 Min and 2 hours and then, usually, self correct. I do catch the error sometimes and have tried various ways of correcting it including fmsadmin restart server. The only thing that gets results is "reboot" which fixes the issue but it will happen again.

Logs show either PHP error 4 (Command is unknown), 802(Unable to open file), or an authentication error which doesn't show in the log(53 but it might be from PHP). FMsadmin shows that the DB is up and running, if I am able to log in to the admin console(can't while at home) it shows the DBs are open and I don't have permission to close them (usually I do), and users are able to make connections with FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Pro Advanced.

It does happen to all six databases at the same time. There are no server jobs scheduled. FM does continue to make backups during the issue. There are no unusual errors in OSX that I have seen. I do not usually use Mac.

While the issue is happening:
           "DB IP" "WebServerIP":35025 "Support DB Username" PHP 802 571 "/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db="databaseName"&-lay=PHP - Support Groups&-findany"
           "DB IP" "WebServerIP":35847 "Store DB Username" PHP 4 569 "/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml"

Let me know what else I need to provide.

• 1. Re: Intermittent PHP connection error 802

Guy Lunsford:

Thank you for the post. 

Please call our Technical Support department for further assistance with this issue.

If you are located in the U.S. or Canada, then contact technical support toll free at 1-800-325-2747. The hours are between 7 AM - 5 PM PDT. 

If you are located outside of North America, then locate the technical support office nearest you from the following link:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/intl/

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Intermittent PHP connection error 802
            guy.lunsford

I have contacted the professional support and received a replacement key. Unfortunately, this did not fix the issue.

I am being told by Priority Support that it must be a problem with my PHP but that doesn't explain why it is so intermittent when the PHP doesn't change. I am including some of the logs and the PHP used to generate them but the short version is that filemaker responds to my newFindAny command with a "500 Internal Server Error" or a "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable." Each of the six databases will show either or both of these errors while the issue is happening. The usernames are unique to each DB while the passwords are long, complex, and don't change.

I am looking for anything else I can do that might shed some light on why this is happening.

Logging command:
                      $todayA = date("Ymd H:i:s");
                      $contents = $todayA . "-" . $fm->getProperty ( 'database' ) . "-" . $fm_result -> code . "-" . $fm_result -> message . "\n";
                      file_put_contents($logfile, $contents, FILE_APPEND);

Results:
                           20140808 21:14:32-(Database name 1)-22-Communication Error: (22) The requested URL returned error: 500 Internal Server Error - This can be due to an invalid username or password, or if the FMPHP privilege is not enabled for that user.
                           20140808 21:14:33-(Database name 2)-22-Communication Error: (22) The requested URL returned error: 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable - This can be due to an invalid username or password, or if the FMPHP privilege is not enabled for that user.

• 3. Re: Intermittent PHP connection error 802

Guy Lunsford:

Thank you for the reply.

From the server computer, visit the following URL:

http://localhost:16000/test

Click the "Test PHP Custom Web Publishing" link.

Click the "Test Instant Web Publishing" link.

Do those tests succeed?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Intermittent PHP connection error 802
                guy.lunsford

For now? Yes: both of the test database links succeed. All six of the other databases are also succeeding at the moment. I don't know if the test database responds when the others are having issues but i will check when the rest are having problems.

Is there any thing else I can do while the problem is happening that can provide more information?

Could this be because I am hitting the theoretical maximum of CWP/PHP simultaneous connections? how would I be able to check that? According to http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10072/ I should be able to have 200 but Administration: Statistics shows a peak of 121 (and an average of 33). is this the correct place to be looking?

• 5. Re: Intermittent PHP connection error 802
                  guy.lunsford

After going back over our logs I found that the License key was the issue causing the 802 error.

The 500 and 503 errors are something different and I will open a separate issue for those.

It's still crashing too frequently, just that particular error has cleared up