6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2013 3:41 PM by antidote

Invalid Backup Folder or Backup Path on Windows 2008 Server with Filemaker Server 10 or 11 Advanced

KenRichardson

Title

Invalid Backup Folder or Backup Path on Windows 2008 Server with Filemaker Server 10 or 11 Advanced

Your post

Hello,

This problem has been annoying me for awhile and maybe it is just a known bug or there is a real way to permanently to deal with it.  Periodically, the backup folders become invalid.   Fortunately, the problem does not block the backups from progressing, but today for example, I wanted to change the time at which the daily backup was made.  The backup folder was being shown as invalid and I could not edit the backup schedule to change the backup time.  

If I restart the server, it works fine again, probably for a few weeks or so.  I have noticed the problem on both our Filemaker 11 and 10 server.    Even if I set up a backup folder that everyone has full rights to, the filemaker schedule editor will not see it as valid.  I have used Filemaker 6,7,and 8 servers on the Mac without this problem.  I'll probably try this on a Mac soon, to see if the problem exists there as well on Server 11.

Server configurations:

Server 1:

Filemaker Product Verison 10.0.1.1 (file version 10.0.1.51) running on Windows Server 208 Standard Version 6 (Build 6002: Service Pack2)

Server 2:

Filemaker Product Verison 11.0.1.1 (file version 11.0.1.86) running on Windows Server 208 Enterprise Version 6 (Build 6002: Service Pack2)

I am guessing there is a Patch I am missing, but any help would be appreciated since I would rather not restart a server simply to change a backup schedule.

Regards,

Ken