Don't know if it's factor, but why not update the system to server pack 2? The update download is free.
Thanks, I just asked our System group, they said Windows 2003 Server R2 (Release 2) SP1 is newer than Windows 2003 Server SP2 (which is Windows 2003 Server 2003 R1 (Release 1)). So I think this OS version should be supported.
Our system requirements only specify 'Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2' even for the latest version of FileMaker Server 11. The R2 edition may be similar enough to be sufficient however we have not fully tested and certified it to work.
In any case, here are a few extra steps to try while uninstalling:
1. Completely remove the FileMaker Server folder, but back up the Data folder to preserve your databases.
2. Remove any installed versions of Java. FileMaker Server will install the version it prefers.
3. Reboot after uninstalling.
4. Reinstall the IIS server role. Ensure that it is in the default configuration.
5. Try unplugging the network cables or disabling the network interfaces while reinstalling, especially if there are more than one.
Please let keep us updated after you try to reinstall.
Thanks for your advices.
I have re-installed the FileMaker Server 9 Advanced software, Now everything works fine.