1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 26, 2010 7:53 AM by nicktech

Issue with Licenses for IWP Database

Alrik

Title

Issue with Licenses for IWP Database

Your post

Version of Filemaker: FMPA 11.01

Server's Version: FMSA 11.01

I have created a database that will track user accounts by our IT department.   I have made this into a web app.  However, while people are using the app, I am unable to use my verison of filemaker due to an error. 

It states:

The maximum number of licensed users are currently using this copy of Filemaker Pro.  Please refer to the License Key section of your software documentation for further instructions.

License Key conflict occured with user "xyz [IP.ADD.RE.SS]"

All files will be closed and the application will quit.

The problem isn't the users using the DB.  Multiple users can easily access and put in the info.  The problem is that my local copy seems to think it's in "use".

The only options that I can see that has my IP address would be Webpublishing and TCP/IP.  That is, IF I had them on, which I do not.   :smileyhappy:

Has anyone experienced something like this?  I have a sneaking suspicion it's a checkbox issue, and responses will be followed up with the ever so helpful RTFM.   :smileysurprised:

• 1. Re: Issue with Licenses for IWP Database
          nicktech

I am experiencing the same issue. This license conflict between users logged in via IWP and Filemaker Pro clients started right after the upgrade to FM Server version 11. Unfortunately "standard" tech support could not help resolve the problem. Instead of paying for premium support we will be returning the software and downgrading to version 10.