1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 5, 2015 12:38 PM by erawson

Issues with databases on WebDirect that don't exist in FM App?

LeeMoreau

Title

Issues with databases on WebDirect that don't exist in FM App?

Your post

Hi everyone,

Is there anywhere I can look for info on how to make databases compatible with WebDirect?  I'm doing a CRM type system for a client and it needs to be accessed in webDirect only.  The problem is that things look different in WebDirect than they do in the FM app.  For example, I'll have a drop down field in the database, and it might be say I don't know 50 characters long.  I'll have options that vary with most being 1-2 words, maybe at most 20 characters.  On the FM desktop app, it shows the field as expected, like [ Here's an option              ] in terms of room, but what happens for some fields on WebDirect is it will look like [ Here's an opt                  ] so there's plenty of room, but it cuts it off.  Does that on a few fields, any reason that might happen?  Thanks!

• 1. Re: Issues with databases on WebDirect that don't exist in FM App?
          erawson

Make sure you're using a supported browser, right now only safari, IE and chrome are supported. I've noticed many things similar to your issue when using Firefox.

As far making databases compatible with webdirect, I don't have a specific resource for you but the main 2 things that come to mind are:

- No support for custom menus

- No "click-through" support (e.g. a button behind a text object will not work in webdirect)