IWP - Mountain Lion vs. Snow Leopard - FM 12v4/FM 12v3

ZoXo

Title

IWP - Mountain Lion vs. Snow Leopard - FM 12v4/FM 12v3

Your post

The particulars:

Troi_URL plugin to call a URL via IWP

Works great on 10.6.8 12v3, but have not tested this via HTTPS

Worked for a bit on 10.8.3 12v3 > updated to 12v4 ( IWP crashing through both ) using HTTPS, then

something changed, and it refuses to work.  Brought it back to 10.6.8 via HTTP and it works great again.

What am I missing about HTTPS?

The webserver has a certificate, and port 443 is open, port 591 was used as well and did seem to work.

I don't have a strong understanding of how Mac OS Server should be configured for HTTPS and how the

websites should work.  I have some PHP in a website that is named using the Static IP address, and FileMaker

does XML imports via this IP, also via HTTPS.  The domain name is another site, also HTTPS.

If I pause right before the TROI_URL step (I'm also using the cookies step for Mac OS)

and run the PHP from a browser ( it's set to grab a queued up records info ) the URL responds and

I get confirmation, but with the plug-in it is timing out.  When I ran the PHP via the browswer, it did ask me to

accept the certificate first, but I am using the AllowAnyRootCertificate parameter with TROI_URL, so

I'm scratching my head here.

Also tried to get it working via HTTP, and it still does not work.  The PHP response via a browser

is instantaneous, but the TROI_URL keeps timing out ( max I set it to was 20 sec. )

Calling the exact same script via FileMaker client is successful via HTTP, but

HTTPS returns error $$-9843

Thanks for your time.

• 1. Re: IWP - Mountain Lion vs. Snow Leopard - FM 12v4/FM 12v3
          ZoXo

Turns out while the plug-in initially worked via the public ip, it refused to work that way again.  On a whim, I tried the

internal LAN IP of the machine and it worked.  Also throw into the equation a firewall that was installed that I did not know

about.  I don't know why this works, I never would have thought that an IWP session could call the URL using the internal IP.

Go figure...........

• 2. Re: IWP - Mountain Lion vs. Snow Leopard - FM 12v4/FM 12v3
            ZoXo

The plot thickens........

Moved the server to a new location.  Had to change the URL to use the external IP ( what I would expect to be normal )

so why would the plug only work in that situation if the internal IP was used?