9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2009 3:06 PM by imfixman

IWP - No Database available

bcancilla

Title

IWP - No Database available

Your post

I've created a database for IWP.  It had been working fine for about 1 week.  Now when you go the the website the following message appears:  "No Databases Available."  Nothing has changed on the server.  Two databases had been appear previously, the custom made one and the Filemaker Sample.  Help!!

• 1. Re: IWP - No Database available
          TSGal

bcancilla:

Thank you for your post.

It appears that either the web publishing engine has stopped, or FileMaker Server has stopped.

Go into Admin Console, and make sure the Web Publishing engine is running.  If not, turn it on.  You can then check the logs to see when the web publishing engine stopped and the reason.

If the Web Publishing engine is running, select Databases, and close the databases.  After the database files are closed, then reopen them.  Try accessing the files via Instant Web Publishing again.  Are you able to get the Instant Web Publishing home page?  If not, then perhaps the Web Publishing Engine has stopped and either FileMaker Server or Admin Console doesn't recognize it.  Close all database files and quit FileMaker Server.  Launch FileMaker Server and try again.

If restarting FileMaker Server isn't working, then reboot the server and try again.

If rebooting doesn't work, then something has changed either at the system level or with FileMaker Server application.  Try uninstalling and reinstalling FileMaker Server.

Check the log files for more information.

Please keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: IWP - No Database available
            bcancilla

Thank you.  Everything seems to be running.  I checked the log and found this error on FM Web Publishing - - wpc1 Error: 500.  I don't know what that means.  I'm going to down the db and restart it.  It that doesnt work then I restart the server.

• 3. Re: IWP - No Database available
              TSGal

bcancilla:

Unfortunately, there are no descriptions for most of the error codes in the web publishing engine, and Error 500 is one of those with no description.  Log at the log entries just prior to the Error message, as this may provide a clue.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.  If you want to pursue this further, let me know, and I'll make arrangements to receive your log files.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: IWP - No Database available
                bcancilla

Another thing I noticed is that when I went to Services, it said that the Filemaker Server had stopped.  Not sure how that could be becuase there were more than 40 users connected to 5 different databases. 

• 5. Re: IWP - No Database available
                  bcancilla

I would like to pursue it further as I need to get the iwp working for my one database.

• 6. Re: IWP - No Database available
                    bcancilla

The IWP dbs were up all of 45 minutes.  Now the web page is saying No Databases available again..

• 7. Re: IWP - No Database available
                      TSGal

brancilla:

I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send your log files.  I'll look through them and try to determine what may be causing the problem on your system.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 8. Re: IWP - No Database available
                        bcancilla

Sorry but I can't find the location of the private message.

• 9. Re: IWP - No Database available
                          imfixman

This is happening to me as well.. i have posted this on http://www.fmforums.com/

Approx every 3 days the following message is received from the server

FMS Warning WPE1

Some problems were detected in the WPE Component - Potential problem 

the server configuration

1.83 GHZ Intel Core2Duo Mini

FMP Server 10.0.2.206 

i have seen other posts regarding this WPE problem and they have been around since verion 8.5, was to be fixed in 9 and back again in 10...

Could we get a fix for this