2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2008 6:05 AM by AngelInternet

IWP / Instant Web Publishing Printing Issues

AngelInternet

Title

IWP / Instant Web Publishing Printing Issues

Your post

Hi All.

I am having trouble printing an IWP-generated page. I know that printing is down to the browser, but I am experiencing similar printing problems in different browsers and on different computers and networks, leading me to believe that it is something to do with how IWP is rendering the HTML.

I have a vertically long Form layout (running to about 3 A4 pages). Via IWP it displays exactly as it should, except when printing using the browser and also in the browser's Print Preview mode.

In IE7, most of the layout prints correctly except that a portal that should be visible over pages 2-3 is blank on page 2 before appearing part-way through on page 3.

In FireFox 3, page 1 of the layout prints correctly then pages 2-3 are completely blank until the Footer Part.

Any help will be much appreciated!

• 1. Re: IWP / Instant Web Publishing Printing Issues
          Dirk

Hi Angel,

Portals aren't meant to be printed - even FMP itself has big trouble doing that (FMI specifically do not advise to print portals), never mind IWP/browser.

To solve this, you'll need to create a separate layout that shows those related records and print from there.

• 2. Re: IWP / Instant Web Publishing Printing Issues
            AngelInternet

Hi Dirk, thanks for the info.

Sorry, but that doesn't really fit with this problem. The layout prints perfectly from FileMaker Pro including portals.

The layout renders perfectly through IWP, but just goes wrong when printed. As far as I can guess, the problem must be down to the HTML IWP is outputting (with lots of inline CSS styles), which points to a bug in the IWP rendering.

I can provide PDF prints from FMP / IWP for comparison (via a private message).