1 Reply Latest reply on May 17, 2010 1:32 PM by bradshawj

IWP not committing Records.

bradshawj

Title

IWP not committing Records.

Your post

I am using FileMaker Server Advanced 11 on Windows 7 32bit with IWP deployment.  I have created a incident tracker for our support team in which they record the details of the incident they are working on.  When they complete the incident, the support tech will save the record through a script that has been created.  Until today, it was been working fine.  Now when they save the record it will revert back to what it was before they started making changes.  For example, the card will contain the company's information.  The tech will input the issue and the resolution, then press save.  At that point, it reverts back to the original card containing only the company info and losing the resolution and issue.  Thinking something happened to the script, I tried just manually creating the card and saving via the submit button available on the IWP menu bar.  This still brings up the same result.  Any help would be appreciated.  I have some experience with Filemaker, but would hardly call myself an expert, probably more between newbie to intermediate.

Side note, I have opened FileMaker Pro Advanced which is connected to the same database and can save the record, and run the script fine.

• 1. Re: IWP not committing Records.
          bradshawj

Okay, I have an update.  When I created this I had also included a portal on layout that will show all other support calls against that company, so the tech can have all the information at their fingertips.  This portal was created by using a self-join relationship which was linked by the company's unique serial number.  All the previous calls were in place as was desired, but it was later discovered that the existence of this portal was causing the support calls not to be saved correctly, the original dropping of additional data or changes.  The relationship is: Support_Calls::Serial_Num=Support_Calls2::Serial_Num.  When I use everything within FileMaker itself without the use of IWP, everything works and I can update the records as needed.  When I have this and use the program through IWP the original problem occurs.  Any thoughts or suggestions on how I can continue to show related calls done with a company while the agent can still open, edit and save all changes on the record they are currently editing?  I'm not sure if this helps, but the layout I'm using is based on Support_Calls.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.